Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Location, Location, Location


When we started talking about getting married I told him I did not want a big wedding with all of our family & friends. A wedding that size is not a wedding, it's a circus. I want to be able to enjoy the moment of actually getting married. I want to be able to enjoy the day with my FH, my kids, our close knit circle of friends & immediate family. I do not want to walk down an isle where there are 300 people judging my dress, flowers, & hair. I do not want to worry about how we will feed 300 people at 5pm & if we will have enough food. I talked to my FH about all of these concerns & he agreed. Wedding in September, party in October.

We chose the Black Hills of South Dakota for our ceremony location. There is a beautiful park with a gazebo & waterfall that we have rented for the day. Our guest list for the ceremony includes our parents, siblings, and a hand full of our close friends.

We will have a professional photographer take pictures of everyone that day. After the ceremony will we travel to Deadwood for a nice, intimate dinner with all of our guests. For lodging I think we will all be staying at the same hotel. 

It will be a quiet, private weekend with friends & family, but I wouldn't have it any other way...

No comments:

Post a Comment